Re: Garbled audio from P25 system

Joe M.

P25 Phase II is not the same thing as Motorola Type II.

The 600 only handles the latter.

Joe M.

On 10/18/2015 11:49 AM, Christopher Rose kb8uih1@... [PSR-600] wrote:

Posted by: "Randy Munro" <rpmunro@...>

Since the PSR-600 is not P25 Phase II compatible, I guess I need a new
scanner!

Page 38 of the manual:

For the purpose of this example, we will assume that you wish to
create a TGRP object for a Motorola Type II 800 MHz trunked
radio system, which is one of the more common types of trunked
radio systems in use.

This means the PSR 600 is type II compatible?

Thank you,

Chris Rose

On Friday, October 9, 2015 5:06 PM, "'Randy Munro' rpmunro@...
[PSR-600]" <PSR-600@...> wrote:

I have a PSR-600 that I use to monitor the TPS P25 system and I
noticed from the start that the control channel signal faded up and
down.
I tried different locations and even an external antenna. I still
got similar results. I also find that the audio levels vary quite a
bit between users.
There doesn’t appear to be any AGC on the digital signals. There is
a thread in the Radioreference forums about the similcast issue and
what some people have done to minimise it. In the Radioreference
system listing for TPS there is no mention of similcasting but it is
very common.
Don’t waste your money on a new scanner, there is only 1 active
talkgroup using TDMA......TCH.
You should hear encrypted talkgroups as you scan, they sound like
Donald Duck! It does depend on your programming as to what you’ll hear.
Try the “wildcard” mode. I hope this explains a few things.
Randy