Re: FB or MO

Chris Pohlad-Thomas

I don't think I ever realized what the difference was between an FB and an FB2. Thanks!

Chris Pohlad-Thomas

From: Phil Kane <k2asp@...>
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2020 6:41 PM
To: main@Scanner.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Scanner] FB or MO

On 6/29/2020 10:45 AM, Chris Pohlad-Thomas wrote:

> When you are looking through a list of frequencies associated with a
> business, do you tend to monitor the fixed base frequencies or the
> mobile frequencies?

If it's a conventional simplex system, the base (FB) and mobile (MO)
stations are *supposed to be * on the same frequency.

If it's a conventional repeater system, the mobiles (MO) are  *repeated*
on the repeater (FB2) output,

And then we have the oddball configurations of half-duplex where the
base (FB) and mobile (MO) are on different frequencies but are not
cross-repeated.  You will be amazed at what some system planners seem to
come up with.

Trunked systems are a whole different bowl of soup.

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane