Re: Need advice: Audio splitter and the Uniden BC125AT

jeff

On 8/7/20 1:42 PM, Thomas Luce via groups.io wrote:
I need more advice folks. I bought a *Uniden BC125AT* along with a *RT-66 audio splittter*. Upon first usage, without the audio splitter, the connected earbud has outstanding audio reproduction in both ears.
Connecting the RT-66 audio splitter to the scanner and then the earbud, the audio is reduced to the mostly the left ear only.
Connecting 2 ear buds to the audio splitter produces the same result: left ear only audio.
I just looked the splitter up online.
The problem *might* be mono vs stereo. Does the scanner have a mono or stereo headphone jack?

THe manual (online) for the scanner says "For private listening, you can plug a 1/8-inch (3.5 mm) mini-plug earphone or stereo headphones (not supplied) into the headphone jack on top of your scanner. "

Assuming the jack is stereo and so is the splitter, there shouldn't be a problem. However, if something in the chain has a mono plug, that will kill one side of the phones.

Clear as mud.