Re: Uniden service

weatherspotting

Are you leaving it plugged in 24/7? How are you using the scanner. running on battery mostly? Do you turn it off at night?

On 9/13/2020 2:13 PM, Mark Lewin wrote:
I was following the clock issue when it was a big issue with the BC436 and UPMan mentioned that the problem not only affected the 436 but was potentially an issue with the HP (although it was not an issue for my unit until about March or April of this year).  Yes, I know about  the need to plug in and run the scanner for a period of time (I believe it was 55-60 consecutive hours) while plugged in, in order to recharge the built in clock battery.  I've done that but I still lose clock settings after about 18 hours.

On Sun, Sep 13, 2020 at 3:03 PM Joe M. <mch@...> wrote:
I've only ever heard of a couple reports about the original issue on
this model. Are you sure it simply does not need charged (Run it for a
couple days)?

Joe M.