Re: wireless microphones and body cam monitoring

Richard Carlson

Most of the current equipment are on some sort of spread spectrum system so would not work on a scanner, much like the wireless headsets used at McDonalds etc.

Some of the older ones used to use the various wireless mic freqs from 168 thru 173 MHz. I bought a couple of these at a hamfest and they actually work pretty well still.

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 1:02 PM Jeff Kenyon <jkenyon7@...> wrote:

Hi everyone, I was wondering if people are still able to monitor police microphones that are used in conjunction with body cameras?  If so, what frequency ranges should I look for?