Topics

Handheld analog scanner

Phil Kane

On 6/28/2020 7:39 PM, Forrest wrote:

Hey, what about short people?  We’ve been overlooked as long as I can
remember….
My daughter and her female cousins fall into that category. Score one
for the good guys.

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

Dave Jeffries AF0DJ

Overlooked.....baaaaad.

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 20:50, Forrest
<fj@...> wrote:
Hey, what about short people?  We’ve been overlooked as long as I can remember….

When do the left handed get their parade?
Left handed lives matter.

On June 27, 2020 11:39:44 PM EDT, Phil Kane <k2asp@...> wrote:

Forrest

Hey, what about short people?  We’ve been overlooked as long as I can remember….

When do the left handed get their parade?
Left handed lives matter.

On June 27, 2020 11:39:44 PM EDT, Phil Kane <k2asp@...> wrote:

jeff

Some of the items are hilarious. Someone got the idea that something was valuable, so the manual or ad for it is too. Or the case for a guitar, purchased in 1965, is worth more than any other case (the guitar is, not the case).

It's fun to come across these. We need a group for them.
When do the left handed get their parade?
Left handed lives matter.

On June 27, 2020 11:39:44 PM EDT, Phil Kane <k2asp@...> wrote:
On 6/27/2020 12:50 PM, Thomas Luce via groups.io wrote:

Why are so many sellers on EBAY asking for inflated premium pricing on
the Uniden 125?

"The value of something is what someone else is willing to pay for it."

73 de K2ASP = Phil Kane

View/Reply Online (#2123): https://Scanner.groups.io/g/main/message/2123
Group Owner: main+owner@Scanner.groups.io

Sent from my non iDevice

Phil Kane

On 6/27/2020 12:50 PM, Thomas Luce via groups.io wrote:

Why are so many sellers on EBAY asking for inflated premium pricing on
the Uniden 125?
"The value of something is what someone else is willing to pay for it."

73 de K2ASP = Phil Kane

Ken Hansen

In my experience the eBay sellers with non-sensical prices are typically hoping for the buyer with very particular circumstances (international buyers, odd payment requirements, immediate needs (buy it now vs 5 day bidding) that they alone are willing to accommodate, for a higher item price.

Or they are just crazy, looking for that customer that doesn't know the value of the item and has no interest in scrolling down the page.

Ken

On Jun 27, 2020, at 14:50, Thomas Luce via groups.io <toml242001@...> wrote:

Why are so many sellers on EBAY asking for inflated premium pricing on the Uniden 125? Many with no accessories.

Thomas Luce

Why are so many sellers on EBAY asking for inflated premium pricing on the Uniden 125? Many with no accessories.

Rich

On Jun 27, 2020, at 13:06, Rich <Blammms@...> wrote:

Go the EBAY route. You save a lot of money

if you do be very picky about the seller.  i deal only with sellers that have hundreds of sales and a minimum 95% approval rating.

Rich via iPad

On Jun 27, 2020, at 1:26 AM, Thomas Luce via groups.io <toml242001@...> wrote:

Looks like I'm heading for a Uniden BC125. All the others mentioned are really fine scanners or receivers. I can't decide on a new or used model from EBAY or a new one from Bearcat Warehouse. Considering its limited future use I'm trying to get it or another reliable model at low cost from a source with impeccable credentials.

Rich

Go the EBAY route. You save a lot of money

On Jun 27, 2020, at 1:26 AM, Thomas Luce via groups.io <toml242001@...> wrote:

Looks like I'm heading for a Uniden BC125. All the others mentioned are really fine scanners or receivers. I can't decide on a new or used model from EBAY or a new one from Bearcat Warehouse. Considering its limited future use I'm trying to get it or another reliable model at low cost from a source with impeccable credentials.

Hank Lambert

I work at an airport and use the BC125 for all airport/aircraft comms. It's a great little scanner!

73,

--Hank

KB4MTO / TA5ZC

---

On 2020-06-27 02:26, Thomas Luce via groups.io wrote:

Looks like I'm heading for a Uniden BC125. All the others mentioned are really fine scanners or receivers. I can't decide on a new or used model from EBAY or a new one from Bearcat Warehouse. Considering its limited future use I'm trying to get it or another reliable model at low cost from a source with impeccable credentials.
_._,_._,_

Thomas Luce

Looks like I'm heading for a Uniden BC125. All the others mentioned are really fine scanners or receivers. I can't decide on a new or used model from EBAY or a new one from Bearcat Warehouse. Considering its limited future use I'm trying to get it or another reliable model at low cost from a source with impeccable credentials.

Ken Hansen

The FT-65 lacks the extremely wideband receiver of the FT-60

On Jun 26, 2020, at 16:45, n6jwh via groups.io <n6jwh@...> wrote:

I have a pair of FT-65s, which are nice as well..
John n6jwh

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 12:48, David Chapman via groups.io
<d_s_chapman@...> wrote:
The Icom's are nice - and expensive (relatively). If you were a ham I would suggest a Yaesu FT-60. Covers everything you need, transmits and is built to take punishment. If you are not a ham (or aspiring ham), I would go for the Uniden BC125AT. I have both, but the Uniden is a great little analog scanner. Air (inc. 220 MHz), ham, FRS/GMRS, marine, etc. It has you covered.

n6jwh

<d_s_chapman@...> wrote:
The Icom's are nice - and expensive (relatively). If you were a ham I would suggest a Yaesu FT-60. Covers everything you need, transmits and is built to take punishment. If you are not a ham (or aspiring ham), I would go for the Uniden BC125AT. I have both, but the Uniden is a great little analog scanner. Air (inc. 220 MHz), ham, FRS/GMRS, marine, etc. It has you covered.

David Chapman

The Icom's are nice - and expensive (relatively). If you were a ham I would suggest a Yaesu FT-60. Covers everything you need, transmits and is built to take punishment. If you are not a ham (or aspiring ham), I would go for the Uniden BC125AT. I have both, but the Uniden is a great little analog scanner. Air (inc. 220 MHz), ham, FRS/GMRS, marine, etc. It has you covered.

Rich

If you get Pro 84. Make sure you make a Pit Stop and put on Fresh Tires. Little NASCAR humor. Good Luck. Hope you find a nice little radio.

On 2020-06-25 13:45, Rich wrote:
Try to find a little Radio Shack Pro 83. Perfect little scanner
Or the Pro-84. Same scanner in a red NASCAR case.
Got one for $30 when they cleared them out. There
is also a Uniden version. They made it in the first place.

Scott, KB3JQQ

On 2020-06-25 13:45, Rich wrote:
Try to find a little Radio Shack Pro 83. Perfect little scanner
Or the Pro-84. Same scanner in a red NASCAR case.
Got one for $30 when they cleared them out. There
is also a Uniden version. They made it in the first place.

Rich

Try to find a little Radio Shack Pro 83. Perfect little scanner

On Jun 25, 2020, at 11:00 AM, jeff <jeffv@...> wrote:

Yaesu FT3DR or FT60R or FT2DR
Just don't xmit.

https://www.hamradio.com/search_category.cfm

Uniden Bearcat 125AT - scanner

A boatload of stuff on ebay, making sure it covers air

Find air freqs
https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Finding_Air_Traffic_Frequencies

On 6/25/20 11:32 AM, Rob P wrote:
Check out the Icom R6 or used Icom R5.
A great little radio that is very tiny but powerful.
It also has the 200 MHz band for military listening.

jeff

On 6/25/20 11:32 AM, Rob P wrote:
Check out the Icom R6 or used Icom R5.
A great little radio that is very tiny but powerful.
It also has the 200 MHz band for military listening.

Rob P

Check out the Icom R6 or used Icom R5.
A great little radio that is very tiny but powerful.
It also has the 200 MHz band for military listening.

-Rob

On Jun 25, 2020, at 11:22 AM, Thomas Luce via groups.io <toml242001@...> wrote:

I'm looking for a basic scanner to take to LAX airport to watch and listen to the ATC frequencies. Smaller the better.

Thomas Luce

I'm looking for a basic scanner to take to LAX airport to watch and listen to the ATC frequencies. Smaller the better.