Topics

Need advice: Audio splitter and the Uniden BC125AT

Kenny Murray

bring your scanner to a music store that sells audio accessories. musical instruments.

they have various adapters cables and accessories that you can try.

if they do not have it they can make it for about 10$

im thinking you need a 'quality' cable.

there are slight differences with the connectors and jacks

very slight but is causing the problem..

======================== Kenneth J. Murray VO1KJM EM: murraykj709@... Telephone: 506-962-8401 ======================== Inmarsat: AOR WEST: 011-870-76-4156467 ============================================================================= Confidentiality : This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is adressed and may contain information which is confidential and privileged. Confidentiality and privilege are not lost by this email having been sent to the wrong person. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, please notify us by email and delete this document immediately. Any distribution, reproduction or other of this email by unintended recipient is prohibited.

On Friday, August 7, 2020, 2:43:05 PM ADT, Thomas Luce via groups.io <toml242001@...> wrote:

I need more advice folks. I bought a Uniden BC125AT along with a RT-66 audio splittter. Upon first usage, without the audio splitter, the connected earbud has outstanding audio reproduction in both ears.
Connecting the RT-66 audio splitter to the scanner and then the earbud, the audio is reduced to the mostly the left ear only.
Connecting 2 ear buds to the audio splitter produces the same result: left ear only audio.
The manual says the headphone jack is "(L-ch) 4mW nominal (32 ohm).
Can I get through Amazon or EBAY, a quality mono to stereo connector or a quality audio splitter that will allow 2 people to plug into the BC125AT and enjoy strong audio in both ears?
Thanks in advance for the help.

jeff

On 8/7/20 1:42 PM, Thomas Luce via groups.io wrote:
I need more advice folks. I bought a *Uniden BC125AT* along with a *RT-66 audio splittter*. Upon first usage, without the audio splitter, the connected earbud has outstanding audio reproduction in both ears.
Connecting the RT-66 audio splitter to the scanner and then the earbud, the audio is reduced to the mostly the left ear only.
Connecting 2 ear buds to the audio splitter produces the same result: left ear only audio.
I just looked the splitter up online.
The problem *might* be mono vs stereo. Does the scanner have a mono or stereo headphone jack?

THe manual (online) for the scanner says "For private listening, you can plug a 1/8-inch (3.5 mm) mini-plug earphone or stereo headphones (not supplied) into the headphone jack on top of your scanner. "

Assuming the jack is stereo and so is the splitter, there shouldn't be a problem. However, if something in the chain has a mono plug, that will kill one side of the phones.

Clear as mud.

Joe M.

I see two images for "RT-66 audio splittter". One is a stereo connector (Bearcat warehouse) and one is a mono connector (Racing Electronics).

BCW doesn't say if the jacks are stereo or mono. I assume they are stereo but cannot guarantee that.

You need the one that is a stereo connection for the scanner. (the jack is stereo with mono audio)

I assume your earbuds are stereo which means the two jacks have to be stereo, too.

This looks like it will work:
<<https://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Speaker-Headphone-Audio-Splitter/dp/B000067RC4?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_2&th=1>>

Joe M.

On 8/7/2020 1:42 PM, Thomas Luce via groups.io wrote:
I need more advice folks. I bought a *Uniden BC125AT* along with a
*RT-66 audio splittter*. Upon first usage, without the audio splitter,
the connected earbud has outstanding audio reproduction in both ears.
Connecting the RT-66 audio splitter to the scanner and then the earbud,
the audio is reduced to the mostly the left ear only.
Connecting 2 ear buds to the audio splitter produces the same result:
left ear only audio.
The manual says the headphone jack is "(L-ch) 4mW nominal (32 ohm).
Can I get through Amazon or EBAY, a quality mono to stereo connector or
a quality audio splitter that will allow 2 people to plug into the
BC125AT and enjoy strong audio in both ears?
Thanks in advance for the help.

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>