Uniden repair

Mark Lewin

After trying everything I know to fix the clock issue on my Home Patrol 2, the time has come to return it to Uniden for repair.

The Uniden support page says to return the unit with all accessories. However I've seen past posts saying not to do this.  I will not send it with batteries installed but am unclear whether to send it back with its stock antenna and the SD card still installed (yes, the SD card is fully backed up).

Any advice?

Joe M.

I think their 'all accessories' means if the accessory is the potential issue. For example, if you have an intermittent connection with the power jack, send the scanner and power cable in case it's the cable that is the issue. I also think it says all accessories relevant to the problem or some words to that effect.

Joe M.

On 11/18/2020 2:00 PM, Mark Lewin wrote:
After trying everything I know to fix the clock issue on my Home Patrol
2, the time has come to return it to Uniden for repair.

The Uniden support page says to return the unit with all accessories.
However I've seen past posts saying not to do this. I will not send it
with batteries installed but am unclear whether to send it back with its
stock antenna and the SD card still installed (yes, the SD card is fully
backed up).

Any advice?

mike

Hi everyone anyone know the police frequency at lake waynoka in brown County?Thanks

I think their 'all accessories' means if the accessory is the potential
issue. For example, if you have an intermittent connection with the
power jack, send the scanner and power cable in case it's the cable that
is the issue. I also think it says all accessories relevant to the
problem or some words to that effect.

Joe M.

On 11/18/2020 2:00 PM, Mark Lewin wrote:
> After trying everything I know to fix the clock issue on my Home Patrol
> 2, the time has come to return it to Uniden for repair.
>
> The Uniden support page says to return the unit with all accessories.
> However I've seen past posts saying not to do this.  I will not send it
> with batteries installed but am unclear whether to send it back with its
> stock antenna and the SD card still installed (yes, the SD card is fully
> backed up).
>
> Any advice?

rngr01@yahoo.com

what is meant by "all accessories" is all accessories that came with the unit at time of purchase, any optional accessories purchased to compliment or enhance the operation or usefulness of the unit are to be retained by the owner.

Hope this clarifies the question you had

On Thursday, November 19, 2020, 11:30:24 a.m. EST, mike via groups.io <mike_s45236@...> wrote:

Hi everyone anyone know the police frequency at lake waynoka in brown County?Thanks

I think their 'all accessories' means if the accessory is the potential
issue. For example, if you have an intermittent connection with the
power jack, send the scanner and power cable in case it's the cable that
is the issue. I also think it says all accessories relevant to the
problem or some words to that effect.

Joe M.

On 11/18/2020 2:00 PM, Mark Lewin wrote:
> After trying everything I know to fix the clock issue on my Home Patrol
> 2, the time has come to return it to Uniden for repair.
>
> The Uniden support page says to return the unit with all accessories.
> However I've seen past posts saying not to do this.  I will not send it
> with batteries installed but am unclear whether to send it back with its
> stock antenna and the SD card still installed (yes, the SD card is fully
> backed up).
>
> Any advice?

rngr01@yahoo.com

in the case of the sd card remove the card
if the batteries came with the unit then send those with it but not installed in the unit

On Thursday, November 19, 2020, 02:26:41 p.m. EST, rngr01@... via groups.io <rngr01@...> wrote:

what is meant by "all accessories" is all accessories that came with the unit at time of purchase, any optional accessories purchased to compliment or enhance the operation or usefulness of the unit are to be retained by the owner.

Hope this clarifies the question you had

On Thursday, November 19, 2020, 11:30:24 a.m. EST, mike via groups.io <mike_s45236@...> wrote:

Hi everyone anyone know the police frequency at lake waynoka in brown County?Thanks

I think their 'all accessories' means if the accessory is the potential
issue. For example, if you have an intermittent connection with the
power jack, send the scanner and power cable in case it's the cable that
is the issue. I also think it says all accessories relevant to the
problem or some words to that effect.

Joe M.

On 11/18/2020 2:00 PM, Mark Lewin wrote:
> After trying everything I know to fix the clock issue on my Home Patrol
> 2, the time has come to return it to Uniden for repair.
>
> The Uniden support page says to return the unit with all accessories.
> However I've seen past posts saying not to do this.  I will not send it
> with batteries installed but am unclear whether to send it back with its
> stock antenna and the SD card still installed (yes, the SD card is fully
> backed up).
>
> Any advice?

Joe M.

And this came from Uniden?

Joe M.

<mike_s45236=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi everyone anyone know the police frequency at lake waynoka in brown
County?Thanks

I think their 'all accessories' means if the accessory is the potential
issue. For example, if you have an intermittent connection with the
power jack, send the scanner and power cable in case it's the cable that
is the issue. I also think it says all accessories relevant to the
problem or some words to that effect.

Joe M.

On 11/18/2020 2:00 PM, Mark Lewin wrote:
> After trying everything I know to fix the clock issue on my Home Patrol
> 2, the time has come to return it to Uniden for repair.
>
> The Uniden support page says to return the unit with all accessories.
> However I've seen past posts saying not to do this. I will not send it
> with batteries installed but am unclear whether to send it back with its
> stock antenna and the SD card still installed (yes, the SD card is fully
> backed up).
>
> Any advice?

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

rngr01@yahoo.com

This is the standard definition of "all accessories" used by the manufacturer when providing tech. support for their products

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 15:12, Joe M.
<mch@...> wrote:
And this came from Uniden?

Joe M.

On 11/19/2020 2:26 PM, rngr01@... via groups.io wrote:
> what is meant by "all accessories" is all accessories that came with the
> unit at time of purchase, any optional accessories purchased to
> compliment or enhance the operation or usefulness of the unit are to be
> retained by the owner.
>
> Hope this clarifies the question you had
>
> On Thursday, November 19, 2020, 11:30:24 a.m. EST, mike via groups.io
> <mike_s45236=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>

> Hi everyone anyone know the police frequency at lake waynoka in brown
> County?Thanks

Joe M.

OK, so it didn't come from Uniden and we are left with
possibly conflicting info between Uniden and their website.

Remember, it's not "all accessories", it's "All Accessories In Order To Properly Troubleshoot Your Particular Repair Issue".

So if you are having a power issue, you need not include the antenna.

Joe M.

<https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=InProduct&c=Global_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&af_wl=ym&af_sub1=Internal&af_sub2=Global_YGrowth&af_sub3=EmailSignature>

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 15:12, Joe M.
<mch@nb.net> wrote: