Topics

wireless microphones and body cam monitoring

Jeff Kenyon

THanks Dave, has anyone recently heard anything on these frequencies?

On Dec 31, 2020, at 6:28 PM, David Pilon via groups.io <pilondav@...> wrote:

Per FCC regs, the freqs below would all be narrow (11.5 kHz) FM. It’s all in 47 CFR Part 90.35 and .265 if you’re curious. The 169-172 MHz band has all sorts of funky rules...basically the FCC wants to clear it out for federal use. But I digress...

I would expect most modern systems to use unlicensed spread spectrum radios at either 900 MHz or 2.4 GHz. Spread spectrum is inherently “unscannable”, sorry to say.

Dave K8DTP

On Dec 31, 2020, at 4:23 PM, Jeff Kenyon <jkenyon7@...> wrote:

Thanks, I have no idea if here in Rochester as to what they are using.  Is this all in narrow or wide and FM?

On Dec 31, 2020, at 3:23 PM, Richard Carlson <n9jig@...> wrote:

I found the frequency list from the ones we had in our cars before I retired. Each car had a different frequency and a code that prevented other mics from accessing. The freqs were:

169.345,  169.445, 169.505, 169.545, 170.245, 170.305, 170.345,170.445, 171.045,171.105,171.845,  171.905, 173.225, 173.275, 173.325, 173.375,

These are all gone from our cars now but they still might be used in some areas.

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 1:17 PM Richard Carlson via groups.io <n9jig=n9jig.com@groups.io> wrote:
Most of the current equipment are on some sort of spread spectrum system so would not work on a scanner, much like the wireless headsets used at McDonalds etc.

Some of the older ones used to use the various wireless mic freqs from 168 thru 173 MHz. I bought a couple of these at a hamfest and they actually work pretty well still.

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 1:02 PM Jeff Kenyon <jkenyon7@...> wrote:

Hi everyone, I was wondering if people are still able to monitor police microphones that are used in conjunction with body cameras?  If so, what frequency ranges should I look for?

David Pilon

[...]

Richard Carlson

[...]

~Bill

Depending on the Make/Model, most of the current “Body Cams” are a self contains device the Officer wears, no external RF microphone.

Now if talking a Cruiser Camera, different story and the RF portion would depend on the manufacturer

Bill - N1KUG

Boston, Mass

Cruise Ship Frequencies

http://scanmaritime.com/

Hi everyone, I was wondering if people are still able to monitor police microphones that are used in conjunction with body cameras?  If so, what frequency ranges should I look for?

Jeff Kenyon

What TV band? I thought it was 72-76 MHz and around 173 MHz?

On 12/31/2020 2:01 PM, Jeff Kenyon wrote:
Hi everyone, I was wondering if people are still able to monitor
police microphones that are used in conjunction with body cameras? If
so, what frequency ranges should I look for?

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_cam
paign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>
Virus-free. www.avg.com
<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&u
tm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Joe M.