Topics

End of Environment Canada VHF Weather service announcement Sept 7th 2020

Jeff Kenyon

Well, you’ll hear this message from Environment Canada right from the source. I guess this is happening in a lot of locations all over Canada. Hopefully, the NOAA Weather Radio here in the states doesn’t suffer the same fait. https://youtu.be/Pu0bTDN8vQ8

sckeith@...

I just heard the announcement from a site in Manitoba. I've listened to those signals since I was a kid, used it on the road and water. Too bad

John

Why? Relatively inexpensive way to broadcast over a wide area, no reason to discontinue VHF WX radio broadcasts that are more durable than any cell network.  Find a sponsor if you have to.