Topics

Filter Eliminates Scanner Intermod Interference

Bill Edwards

Back in March I said that in 2 weeks I would post a YouTube video showing how I diagnosed my scanner intermod problem and used a PAR Electronics notch filter to fix it.  OK, so 3 months later here is the video:

https://youtu.be/SYwoUNBEBgY

Bill Edwards

KA9QJG

Bill  , That was  great  Thanks for sharing,     I have a  few  Motorola  Two way  Techs  also Scanner  users most time they talk in DBM so it’s nice to have a chart and calculate that,   I miss the old analog meters like on the Icom R-7000   Par filters are great ,  I have a ham repeater on 147.045  and I retransmit the NWS Weather Emergency  Amber alerts . I use a Motorola CDM  for Xmit  at 50 watts  and the  two antennas  are separated   over 50 ft . Without the Par filter  tuned  to block that out and receive  162.550  it would not work due to the desense  .

Thanks Happy Scanning  Great Set up

Stay  Safe and Healthy  Don KA9QJG