Topics

Getting library updates into EZ Scan software for the PSR-800

Jim Keller

I have a PSR-800 and wanted to update the library in the EZ Scan software.  When I  checked for updates I got a message which said HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently.   I'm guessing that the software is no longer able to get the library update from the site that it had been accessing previously.   Radio Reference?   Has anyone been able to come up with a workaround for this?   Has anyone had experience using the 1080 programming software for the PSR-800?

Thanks,
Jim  W6yxy  Oceanside, Ca.

Jan Fine

Yes. Download the Whistler TRX-1 software. Use it to update and upload the library. DO NOT use it to update Firmware or anything else.

On 9/15/2020 11:30 PM, Jim Keller wrote:
I have a PSR-800 and wanted to update the library in the EZ Scan software.  When I  checked for updates I got a message which said HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently.   I'm guessing that the software is no longer able to get the library update from the site that it had been accessing previously.   Radio Reference?   Has anyone been able to come up with a workaround for this?   Has anyone had experience using the 1080 programming software for the PSR-800?

Thanks,

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Glenn Wright N1GAW

You can also download the database files from the Whistler website, unzip them and copy them to your database folder for your scanner. The files are updated weekly and available at this link;

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020, 11:34 PM Jim Keller <jkeller@...> wrote:

Thanks,

Jim Keller

Thanks Jan and Glenn.  I used Glenn's suggestion and just updated the database from the zip file on the Whistler site.  It worked well.  I'm thinking long term I may send the PSR-800 in to Whistler for the 1080 upgrade so I can convert over to the 1080 software plus get acquainted with DMR activity.  I've been considering a DMR handheld transceiver but wanted to know a little bit about the activity around here first.

Jim

Glenn Wright N1GAW

I'm a huge fan of the upgrade for the PSR-800, got mine on my PRO 668. Improved reception and battery life in addition to all the other perks. 

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020, 5:11 PM Jim Keller <jkeller@...> wrote:
Thanks Jan and Glenn.  I used Glenn's suggestion and just updated the database from the zip file on the Whistler site.  It worked well.  I'm thinking long term I may send the PSR-800 in to Whistler for the 1080 upgrade so I can convert over to the 1080 software plus get acquainted with DMR activity.  I've been considering a DMR handheld transceiver but wanted to know a little bit about the activity around here first.

Jim

Jim Keller

Glenn, when you sent your scanner in for the upgrade I'm assuming that you did not send the microSD card with it. (Maybe a wrong assumption).  If you didn't send the card with it and once the scanner was returned to you were you able to plug the card in and keep all programmed channels or did you need to program all channels again after the upgrade.

Thanks

Joe M.

Upgrade or not the cards should all
work across all firmware and upgrades.

And never send anything but the scanner when sending it in
for service. (no cards, batteries, antennas, or anything else)

Joe M.

On 9/18/2020 7:32 PM, Jim Keller wrote:
Glenn, when you sent your scanner in for the upgrade I'm assuming that
you did not send the microSD card with it. (Maybe a wrong assumption).
If you didn't send the card with it and once the scanner was returned to
you were you able to plug the card in and keep all programmed channels
or did you need to program all channels again after the upgrade.

Thanks

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>
Virus-free. www.avg.com
<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Glenn Wright N1GAW

The PSR-800 / PRO-668 use a version of EZ Scan, as does the WS-1080 {though it is a different version).  

You should archive your configuration file from the PSR-800 (go to FILE top left corner). Then using the new WS-1080 EZ Scan software RESTORE ARCHIVE (same place) using the file you archived from the 800.

Afterwards, reformat the SD Card using the WS-1080 EZ Scan software and copy the configuration and library back on it. This can be done in one step using the EZ Scan software for the WS-1080. 

On Fri, Sep 18, 2020, 8:55 PM Jim Keller <jkeller@...> wrote:
Glenn, when you sent your scanner in for the upgrade I'm assuming that you did not send the microSD card with it. (Maybe a wrong assumption).  If you didn't send the card with it and once the scanner was returned to you were you able to plug the card in and keep all programmed channels or did you need to program all channels again after the upgrade.

Thanks

Scott, KB3JQQ

On 2020-09-18 19:32, Jim Keller wrote:

Thanks
_._,_._,_

I would suggest starting with a fresh empty template.
I had issues when trying to edit the PSR-800 data in
the WS-1080 software. It seems the data types for the
system have different number of entries, and my SF
had to be killed in taskmgr when I tried to change a
mode from old to new.

The upgrade was worth it. Check out the Remote
Control Demo program. You get a full virtual keyboard
when you get it back.