Topics

Lock-out banks in the Uniden 125AT

Thomas Luce

I just bought a Uniden 125AT, and will be loading several hundred analog frequencies into it.
My question is there will be time when I won't want to hear all the frequencies in a bank so how do I temporary Lock-out an entire Bank of 50 frequencies in the 125AT without deleting them, and then Un-Lock the bank at the correct time?
Do I have to go channel by channel or is there a quick way.
Many thanks for the help.

Jim

Hi you only have to turn the bank off that has the 50 channels you don’t want to hear.
If you have banks 1 to 5 turned on and don’t want bank 3 channels just push the 3 key once to turn that bank off. Good luck with the scanner I use mine for Rail Road and Air Band listening!

Sent from Jims iPhone 6 Plus

Joe M.

Press the bank number. Press it again to re-enable it.

Joe M.

On 7/31/2020 1:07 AM, Thomas Luce via groups.io wrote:
I just bought a Uniden 125AT, and will be loading several hundred analog
frequencies into it.
My question is there will be time when I won't want to hear all the
frequencies in a bank so how do I temporary Lock-out an entire Bank of
50 frequencies in the 125AT without deleting them, and then Un-Lock the
bank at the correct time?
Do I have to go channel by channel or is there a quick way.
Many thanks for the help.

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Tim Smith

Just to follow up here is the user manual for it in case you didn't have one.

I had one of those....great for shirt pockets.

On Friday, July 31, 2020, 09:55:50 AM EDT, Tim Smith <rt_smith@...> wrote:

Just one small clarification.  Press the bank number while scanning.  If not scanning, it will go into direct entry mode.

On Friday, July 31, 2020, 09:46:27 AM EDT, Joe M. <mch@...> wrote:

Press the bank number. Press it again to re-enable it.

Joe M.

On 7/31/2020 1:07 AM, Thomas Luce via groups.io wrote:
> I just bought a Uniden 125AT, and will be loading several hundred analog
> frequencies into it.
> My question is there will be time when I won't want to hear all the
> frequencies in a bank so how do I temporary Lock-out an entire Bank of
> 50 frequencies in the 125AT without deleting them, and then Un-Lock the
> bank at the correct time?
> Do I have to go channel by channel or is there a quick way.
> Many thanks for the help.

Tim Smith

Just one small clarification.  Press the bank number while scanning.  If not scanning, it will go into direct entry mode.

On Friday, July 31, 2020, 09:46:27 AM EDT, Joe M. <mch@...> wrote:

Press the bank number. Press it again to re-enable it.

Joe M.

On 7/31/2020 1:07 AM, Thomas Luce via groups.io wrote:
> I just bought a Uniden 125AT, and will be loading several hundred analog
> frequencies into it.
> My question is there will be time when I won't want to hear all the
> frequencies in a bank so how do I temporary Lock-out an entire Bank of
> 50 frequencies in the 125AT without deleting them, and then Un-Lock the
> bank at the correct time?
> Do I have to go channel by channel or is there a quick way.
> Many thanks for the help.

Joe M.

Good point. Of course if you're not scanning you won't hear any channels other than the one you are currently on. (and maybe a priority channel if priority is enabled)

Joe M.

On 7/31/2020 9:55 AM, Tim Smith via groups.io wrote:
Just one small clarification. Press the bank number while scanning. If
not scanning, it will go into direct entry mode.

On Friday, July 31, 2020, 09:46:27 AM EDT, Joe M. <mch@...> wrote:

Press the bank number. Press it again to re-enable it.

Joe M.

On 7/31/2020 1:07 AM, Thomas Luce via groups.io wrote:
> I just bought a Uniden 125AT, and will be loading several hundred analog
> frequencies into it.
> My question is there will be time when I won't want to hear all the
> frequencies in a bank so how do I temporary Lock-out an entire Bank of
> 50 frequencies in the 125AT without deleting them, and then Un-Lock the
> bank at the correct time?
> Do I have to go channel by channel or is there a quick way.
> Many thanks for the help.

Thomas Luce

All is good! The reception at home is outstanding.  The scanner  will be taken  out on its first road trip to LAX very soon.

Thomas Luce

Does someone make a 10 foot usb charging cable that works with the Uniden 125AT?
Many thanks

Tim Smith

If you already have the stock short cable that came with it, it may be easier (and cheaper) to find a male to female USB extension cable.  I use 10 footers often to extend charging and connectivity to several radios and devices.

Shop around...prices vary.  Try Amazon too.

Tim

On Saturday, August 1, 2020, 05:28:23 PM EDT, Thomas Luce via groups.io <toml242001@...> wrote:

Does someone make a 10 foot usb charging cable that works with the Uniden 125AT?
Many thanks

Rich

photos of the charging cable looks like a regular USB/Mini USB cable.  any office supply, electronic outlet or online store should have one.

Thomas Luce

Unfortunately,  no where in the 125AT manuel does it mention the exact type of connector  that the 125AT has. Al things considered,  I  could use a 10 foot cable  with standard  USB on one end and the correct connector on the other.

Joe M.

The trick is to make sure you get one with heavy enough wires that the voltage drop isn't too much which will make the voltage too low at the scanner. Many times you can't tell by the size of the cable since much of that could be sheath.

Joe M.

On 8/1/2020 5:49 PM, Rich wrote:
photos of the *charging cable* looks like a regular USB/Mini USB cable.
any office supply, electronic outlet or online store should have one.

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Rich

look at the port on the radio.

125AT Charging Cabl

Joe M.

It's called a Mini USB.

Joe M.

On 8/1/2020 9:02 PM, Thomas Luce via groups.io wrote:
Unfortunately, no where in the 125AT manuel does it mention the exact
type of connector that the 125AT has. Al things considered, I could
use a 10 foot cable with standard USB on one end and the correct
connector on the other.

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Thomas Luce

It turns out several years ago I bought a 10 footer for my TRX-1 that works also perfectly on the 125AT, but the outfit on Amazon has gone away so I have to find another trusted business that has a quality cable. Many thanks for the help.

Ken Hansen

10 foot extension cords are easy to find, i'd suggest going that route.

Ken

On Aug 1, 2020, at 16:28, Thomas Luce via groups.io <toml242001@...> wrote:

Does someone make a 10 foot usb charging cable that works with the Uniden 125AT?
Many thanks

Ken Hansen

Are we saying this cable would work?

Monoprice 10-Feet USB A to mini-B 5pin 28/28AWG Cable (103897)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001UJE7FO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_5jJjFbX403VDB

Ken

On Aug 1, 2020, at 21:36, Joe M. <mch@...> wrote:

It's called a Mini USB.

Joe M.

On 8/1/2020 9:02 PM, Thomas Luce via groups.io wrote:
Unfortunately, no where in the 125AT manuel does it mention the exact
type of connector that the 125AT has. Al things considered, I could
use a 10 foot cable with standard USB on one end and the correct
connector on the other.

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Emmett Gulley

I just use a regular USB extension that I bought off Amazon. The voltage drop is miniscule at best. It was Amazon choice

On Sun, Aug 2, 2020, 1:30 AM Thomas Luce via groups.io <toml242001=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
It turns out several years ago I bought a 10 footer for my TRX-1 that works also perfectly on the 125AT, but the outfit on Amazon has gone away so I have to find another trusted business that has a quality cable. Many thanks for the help.

Tim Smith

I use the the usb 2.0 type a extensions routinely for device connection and charging.  I even had two chained together for 20 feet to power  a raspberry pi (drawing 0.6 amps at boot up and settling to 0.4 amps). Never had an issue with voltage drop.  I do want to emphasize USB 2.0 though.  The USB 3.0 cables, while they are backwards compatible to 2.0 seem to have smaller wire size which may result in voltage drop.  The USB 2.0 cables are cheaper.  They are scattered all over eBay and Amazon.

A good cheap tool to have in your toolbox is a digital usb volt/ammeter.  You will be able to see if there is any voltage drop at the end of the cable.  These are also all over eBay and Amazon.

On Sunday, August 2, 2020, 9:54 AM, Ken Hansen <ken@...> wrote:

10 foot extension cords are easy to find, i'd suggest going that route.

Ken

On Aug 1, 2020, at 16:28, Thomas Luce via groups.io <toml242001@...> wrote:

Does someone make a 10 foot usb charging cable that works with the Uniden 125AT?
Many thanks

Thomas Luce

The reviews  of the Monoprice 10 foot cable are not good.