Topics

McAfee and FCCUpdates

Michael Martin

I’ve had several reports from people who are using McAfee anti-virus software that they are getting a notification that there is a issue with the website.  I can assure you that there is nothing wrong with it.  I’ve checked with GoDaddy (website host) and they say there is nothing wrong with it.  There are only 2 external links on the page and they do not contain any software that could be construed as invasive.  I am using one of the strongest anti-virus software (BitDefender) and I get no notification from it using Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Internet Explorer.  The ONLY thing I can think of is that I am not using SSL (https vs http) as there are no passwords, downloads, monetary, etc.  You should be able to add an exception to McAfee for that notification.

/\/\|k.e

Mike Vander Veer

FWIW, It didn't give me that error today...

On 8/9/2020 1:45 PM, Michael Martin via groups.io wrote:

I’ve had several reports from people who are using McAfee anti-virus software that they are getting a notification that there is a issue with the website.  I can assure you that there is nothing wrong with it.  I’ve checked with GoDaddy (website host) and they say there is nothing wrong with it.  There are only 2 external links on the page and they do not contain any software that could be construed as invasive.  I am using one of the strongest anti-virus software (BitDefender) and I get no notification from it using Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Internet Explorer.  The ONLY thing I can think of is that I am not using SSL (https vs http) as there are no passwords, downloads, monetary, etc.  You should be able to add an exception to McAfee for that notification.

/\/\|k.e

Scott, KB3JQQ

On 2020-08-09 13:45, Michael Martin via groups.io wrote:

I?ve had several reports from people who are using McAfee anti-virus software that they are getting a notification that there is a issue with the website.? I can assure you that there is nothing wrong with it.? I?ve checked with GoDaddy (website host) and they say there is nothing wrong with it.? There are only 2 external links on the page and they do not contain any software that could be construed as invasive.? I am using one of the strongest anti-virus software (BitDefender) and I get no notification from it using Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Internet Explorer.? The ONLY thing I can think of is that I am not using SSL (https vs http) as there are no passwords, downloads, monetary, etc. ?You should be able to add an exception to McAfee for that notification.

?

Virus software gives you a false sense of security.
As soon as the definitions are posted, they are out
of date. The software just uses resources and slows
down your PC. Windows Defender works as well as
anything you can overpay for.

I find it easier just to stay off those kinds of sites.
(you know what I mean)

jeff

Is there a McAfee log somewhere?
Maybe in the applications log.

Raymond Toth

Let me show you what i see

[...]

Glenn Wright N1GAW

Often times firewalls, virus software and browsers, will give warnings when you are using http rather than https.  There is usually a setting or option to allow known http sites, it's different in each software app.

On Sun, Aug 9, 2020, 1:45 PM Michael Martin via groups.io <mm505=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I’ve had several reports from people who are using McAfee anti-virus software that they are getting a notification that there is a issue with the website.  I can assure you that there is nothing wrong with it.  I’ve checked with GoDaddy (website host) and they say there is nothing wrong with it.  There are only 2 external links on the page and they do not contain any software that could be construed as invasive.  I am using one of the strongest anti-virus software (BitDefender) and I get no notification from it using Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Internet Explorer.  The ONLY thing I can think of is that I am not using SSL (https vs http) as there are no passwords, downloads, monetary, etc.  You should be able to add an exception to McAfee for that notification.

/\/\|k.e

Raymond Toth

Its built into my cable modem so i can alow site since not on pc uses mcafee cloud list

[...]

Joe M.

Then call your cable company and ask them how you whitelist a website.

Joe M.

<http://groups.io> <mm505=yahoo.com@groups.io
<mailto:yahoo.com@groups.io>> wrote:

I’ve had several reports from people who are using McAfee anti-virus
software that they are getting a notification that there is a issue
with the website. I can assure you that there is nothing wrong with
it. I’ve checked with GoDaddy (website host) and they say there is
nothing wrong with it. There are only 2 external links on the page
and they do not contain any software that could be construed as
invasive. I am using one of the strongest anti-virus software
(BitDefender) and I get no notification from it using Chrome, Edge,
Firefox and Internet Explorer. The ONLY thing I can think of is
that I am not using SSL (https vs http) as there are no passwords,
downloads, monetary, etc. You should be able to add an exception to
McAfee for that notification.

/\/\|k.e

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Raymond Toth