Ken Hansen

ISS space station has two kinds of comms, official and amateur. The Amateur traffic is easily googleable, as are amateur satellites, but as for official comms, no idea, I would assume the radio traffic is encrypted.

Ken

On Jun 16, 2020, at 21:18, Raymond Toth <piperpiper2@...> wrote:

hi name is ray dose anyone have any link to off the beation path what i mean is stuff like iss and so on that not police ir stuff in radio ref. site that way off beation path i can look at to see if can use any thing thansk ray toth

Raymond Toth

Ken what else is like it s but different off beate path I can hear voice on with scanner thanks ray toth or anyone eles

From: "Ken Hansen" <ken@...>
To: main@scanner.groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2020 9:23:20 PM
Subject: Re: [Scanner] need help from all here

ISS space station has two kinds of comms, official and amateur. The Amateur traffic is easily googleable, as are amateur satellites, but as for official comms, no idea, I would assume the radio traffic is encrypted.

Ken

On Jun 16, 2020, at 21:18, Raymond Toth <piperpiper2@...> wrote:

hi name is ray dose anyone have any link to off the beation path what i mean is stuff like iss and so on that not police ir stuff in radio ref. site that way off beation path i can look at to see if can use any thing thansk ray toth

jnelson_lifesaver

I believe the ISS air to ground traffic is "S" band and is related through the TDRS (Tracking Data Relay Satellites) in geosynchronous orbit.

Jim Nelson
N0LBH
See my photos at www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020, 20:35 Ken Hansen <ken@...> wrote:
ISS space station has two kinds of comms, official and amateur. The Amateur traffic is easily googleable, as are amateur satellites, but as for official comms, no idea, I would assume the radio traffic is encrypted.

Ken

On Jun 16, 2020, at 21:18, Raymond Toth <piperpiper2@...> wrote:

hi name is ray dose anyone have any link to off the beation path what i mean is stuff like iss and so on that not police ir stuff in radio ref. site that way off beation path i can look at to see if can use any thing thansk ray toth

Glenn Wright N1GAW

Raymond we can send you links to all kinds of places, but honestly the only way you will find new things is by using the search feature on the scanner.

Every area is different, what you hear today might not be there next week, that's why it's just important to continue to search all the different bands and discover those frequencies that are off the beaten path.

Ken what else is like it s but different off beate path I can hear voice on with scanner thanks ray toth or anyone eles

ISS space station has two kinds of comms, official and amateur. The Amateur traffic is easily googleable, as are amateur satellites, but as for official comms, no idea, I would assume the radio traffic is encrypted.

Ken

On Jun 16, 2020, at 21:18, Raymond Toth <piperpiper2@...> wrote:

hi name is ray dose anyone have any link to off the beation path what i mean is stuff like iss and so on that not police ir stuff in radio ref. site that way off beation path i can look at to see if can use any thing thansk ray toth

E Grant

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 10:18 PM Raymond Toth <piperpiper2@...> wrote:
hi name is ray dose anyone have any link to off the beation path what i mean is stuff like iss and so on that not police ir stuff in radio ref. site that way off beation path i can look at to see if can use any thing thansk ray toth

Raymond Toth

Glen what I put in search thanks

------------------------------
ISS space station has two kinds of comms, official and amateur. The
Amateur traffic is easily googleable, as are amateur satellites, but as for
official comms, no idea, I would assume the radio traffic is encrypted.

Ken

On Jun 16, 2020, at 21:18, Raymond Toth <piperpiper2@...> wrote:

hi name is ray dose anyone have any link to off the beation path what i
mean is stuff like iss and so on that not police ir stuff in radio ref.
site that way off beation path i can look at to see if can use any thing
thansk ray toth

Ken Hansen

For VHF/UHF traffic, I'd suggest starting with Radio Reference for your area. Besides PD & FD activity, there are school districts, airports, private businesses, etc listed there.

Air and can be interesting, but be careful what you program, there are some freq that are (essentially) dispatch activity with a near constant stream of the planes requesting clearance and the control granting clearance. If your airport is busy, it will never let your scanner of freq.

Beyond that, google searches may turn up federal frequencies for all manner of law enforcement, but I would expect most of it to be encrypted.

If you have HF capability (shortwave Radio, 3-30 MHz coverage) marine & aviation SSB traffic can be interesting.

Some people like railroad activity, all RR share a set number of national frequencies which is easily googleable, I'd suggest programming them all in, then just set your radio to scan them for a while to see which are active in your area.

Finally, there's FRS/GMRS - lots of local businesses use these frequencies for in-store comms and security.

There's a lot that can be heard, but only you know what's interesting to you.

Ken

Glen what I put in search thanks

ISS space station has two kinds of comms, official and amateur. The
Amateur traffic is easily googleable, as are amateur satellites, but as for
official comms, no idea, I would assume the radio traffic is encrypted.

Ken

On Jun 16, 2020, at 21:18, Raymond Toth <piperpiper2@...> wrote:

hi name is ray dose anyone have any link to off the beation path what i
mean is stuff like iss and so on that not police ir stuff in radio ref.
site that way off beation path i can look at to see if can use any thing
thansk ray toth

Raymond Toth

Thank ken eanyef to know what out there I'm still learning only got it jack in Feb. To oeep inde off ear surgery. Want to set up now so when reschedule my surgery can use to keepinde off of it, dew to he GH function autism I have. But I'm tech nerd in house

On 2020-06-17 14:56, Ken Hansen wrote:
Finally, there's FRS/GMRS - lots of local businesses use these frequencies for in-store comms and security.
Don't forget the MURS frequencies.

Raymond Toth

What is murs

Finally, there's FRS/GMRS - lots of local businesses use these frequencies for in-store comms and security.
Don't forget the MURS frequencies.

Joe M.

What is murs
Finally, there's FRS/GMRS - lots of local businesses use these frequencies for in-store comms and security.
Don't forget the MURS frequencies.

vh2

Finally, there's FRS/GMRS - lots of local businesses use these frequencies for in-store comms and security.
Don't forget the MURS frequencies.

Rich

MURS is the Multi Use Radio Service.

Rich via iPad

What is murs
Finally, there's FRS/GMRS - lots of local businesses use these frequencies for in-store comms and security.

Don't forget the MURS frequencies.

Rob Faurot

Multi-Use Radio Service.  Non-licensed, low power, VHF comms point to point only (no repeaters).  Some other technical restrictions as well.

Rob

What is murs
> Finally, there's FRS/GMRS - lots of local businesses use these frequencies for in-store comms and security.

Don't forget the MURS frequencies.

Raymond Toth

Ok want to add some stores near me how I search fcc data base to see stores every time I do search with city and state come up with nothing found what I’m doing wrong thanks ray toth

> Finally, there's FRS/GMRS - lots of local businesses use these frequencies for in-store comms and security.

Don't forget the MURS frequencies.

Raymond Toth

Ok want to add some stores near me how I search fcc data base to see stores every time I do search with city and state come up with nothing found what I’m doing wrong thanks ray totj

> Finally, there's FRS/GMRS - lots of local businesses use these frequencies for in-store comms and security.

Don't forget the MURS frequencies.

Evan Platt

Some stores use FRS or GMRS, or one of the itinerate ('dot')
frequencies. And then some get a license from say "Joe's Radio Shop"
so the license isn't in their name.

________________________________

Finally, there's FRS/GMRS - lots of local businesses use these frequencies for in-store comms and security.
Don't forget the MURS frequencies.

Raymond Toth

dose any have a voice chat i have skype and zello i can chat on make it easer thanks here if like

Some stores use FRS or GMRS, or one of the itinerate ('dot')
frequencies. And then some get a license from say "Joe's Radio Shop"
so the license isn't in their name.

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 4:30 PM Raymond Toth <piperpiper2@...> wrote:

> Ok want to add some stores near me how I search fcc data base to see stores every time I do search with city and state come up with nothing found what I’m doing wrong thanks ray totj

when ui go to fcc data base i put store i dont see anything what im doing wrong?