Topics

Splitter RT-66 for uniden bcd 125AT

Thomas Luce

Edited

I just bought a Uniden BCD125AT with an RT-66 splitter. When I  plug earbuds directly into the scanner  everything is  fine, but, upon using the splitter, I  only get reception  in one ear. Some very expensive  earbuds DO work but the basic budget  earbuds only get one ear to work with the spliter. Is this normal? I've tried 3 sets of budget earbuds with the same issue. Thanks for the help.

Kenny Murray

output jack is mono / 1 channel

you need an adapter for it.

======================== Kenneth J. Murray VO1KJM EM: murraykj709@... Telephone: 506-962-8401 ======================== Inmarsat: AOR WEST: 011-870-76-4156467 ============================================================================= Confidentiality : This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is adressed and may contain information which is confidential and privileged. Confidentiality and privilege are not lost by this email having been sent to the wrong person. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, please notify us by email and delete this document immediately. Any distribution, reproduction or other of this email by unintended recipient is prohibited.

On Thursday, August 6, 2020, 1:29:55 AM ADT, Thomas Luce via groups.io <toml242001@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

I just bought a Uniden BCD125AT with an RT-66 splitter. When I  plug earbuds directly into the scanner  everything is  fine, but, upon using the splitter, I  only get reception  in one ear. Some very expensive  earbuds DO work but the basic budget  earbuds only get one ear to work with the spliter. Is this normal? I've tried 3 sets of budget earbuds with the same issue. Thanks for the help.

Kenny Murray

can you provide a photo of the headphones you are trying to utilize the jack it uses..

is it simple trs or is it trrs.

not trying to make something simple complicated

but that is a odd situation..

are you plugging in the cable and headphones properly.

======================== Kenneth J. Murray VO1KJM EM: murraykj709@... Telephone: 506-962-8401 ======================== Inmarsat: AOR WEST: 011-870-76-4156467 ============================================================================= Confidentiality : This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is adressed and may contain information which is confidential and privileged. Confidentiality and privilege are not lost by this email having been sent to the wrong person. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, please notify us by email and delete this document immediately. Any distribution, reproduction or other of this email by unintended recipient is prohibited.

On Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 7:45:31 PM ADT, Thomas Luce via groups.io <toml242001@...> wrote:

I just bought a Uniden BCD125AT with an RT-66 splitter. When I  plug earplugs directly into the scanner  everything is  fine, but, upon using the splitter, I  only get reception  in one ear. Some very expensive  earplugs DO work but the basic budget  earplugs only get one ear to work with the spliter. Is this normal? I've tried 3 sets of budget earplugs with the same issue. Thanks for the help.

Thomas Luce

The earbuds that fail are airline entertainment  earbuds.
The earbuds that seem to work are the Avantree HF027 extra long metal earphones. But, if the scanner  output is mono, then it seems I need a stereo  adapter. Many thank for the help.

Thomas Luce

Upon further review, and a call to Uniden Tech support,  the headphone is L-ch 4mW nominal 32 ohms.
With that information, will a mono to stereo converter work?
Many thanks for the  great help.