Topics

[TRX-2] Connection delay on analog signals

Phil Kane

I have been using the TRX-2 for two years (and one day, according ti my
records) and have noticed that when receiving analog voice (FM-N, / CSQ)
signals (solid copy otherwise) the first second or two is dropped. In
addition, the hang time after transmissions - both analog and digital -
is extremely short. My good 'ol analog scanners and transceivers don't
have those problems.

I'm using the Whistler TRX-2 software, controlled by a Win 10 computer.
Am I missing some setting?

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

Mike Vander Veer

Look for the DMODE column in the conventional list (you might have to slide the list to the right, it's the fourth column from the right side).  Set that to Analog and the problem should go away.  The delay is the scanner attempting to detect a digital signal.

Mike

On 6/9/2020 9:13 AM, Mike Vander Veer wrote:

Look for the DMODE column in the conventional list (you might have to
slide the list to the right, it's the fourth column from the right
side).  Set that to Analog and the problem should go away.  The delay is
the scanner attempting to detect a digital signal.
Thanks, Mike. Just as I received your reply the scanner crashed with
error code 4-00. (No connection to your reply. :) ) I'm waiting for a
reply from Whistler Tech Service as to the next step.

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane