Topics

Wiggins, THANK YOU !!

Scott Day

It has been a rough day and I really needed that Funny Laugh ! After 40+ years of scanning and GeoCaching I have never been stopped by anyone for wearing a hardhat,vest and clipboard.  In fact as a First Responder I still wear them today. As a Ham we wear them on Foxhunts and no one has any trouble.
  Again Thanks for the LAUGHS !
KE5YPB Amateur General Class License

--
Sarge KE5YPB, Lickskillet, Texas
  "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Joe M.

The point stands. If you are around and look like a civilian, fine. If you are dressed as you suggest, you ARE less likely to be questioned. BUT IF YOU ARE how do you explain looking like a contractor or public official? Not everyone wears a hardhat around in public. It adds to your "suspicious person" probable cause to question you. Heck, some areas may even have laws for impersonating public officials. And while you aren't wearing anything that says "city services", it's still a question that will be difficult to answer. It's really the hardhat that is the hard part to explain, as the vest could be for visibility (and let's face it - criminals tend to want to blend in - not stand out. The clipboard? You're taking notes. The hardhat you're wearing when not mandated to do that? Well, you're afraid of a sudden hailstorm?

These days, some would make the case you are "looking for confrontation" by wearing that when you don't have to.
(Don't believe me? Watch the news)

Joe M.

On 6/19/2020 8:01 PM, Scott Day wrote:
It has been a rough day and I really needed that Funny Laugh ! After 40+
years of scanning and GeoCaching I have never been stopped by anyone for
wearing a hardhat,vest and clipboard. In fact as a First Responder I
still wear them today. As a Ham we wear them on Foxhunts and no one has
any trouble.
Again Thanks for the LAUGHS !
KE5YPB Amateur General Class License

--
Sarge KE5YPB, Lickskillet, Texas
"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
" Lets Roll " ---- Todd Beemer--- 9/11/01 --- American Hero
Are you going to take a stand to help America?

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

jnelson_lifesaver

I worked as a cop for 37 years and having retired some time ago, I wear a traffic vest when I'm  doing photography around the perimeter of airports. Two reasons....

1- Safety. Sometimes I'm near roads and having been a cop for years I'm not impressed with the ability of many drivers.

2- Additionally, being around the perimeter of airports (and very careful to NOT be near perimeter fences) it lets people know what you're doing. My vest is lettered "Photographer" on the front and back of it.

Many of the people who stop and talk are interesting in what I'm doing and will stay and visit to talk about photography.

Wear a vest helps identify who you are. I do not wear a hard hat because I hate the damn things and they're uncomfortable for any length of time...

My $0.02 worth....

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 6:28 PM Scott Day <0101.smd@...> wrote:
It has been a rough day and I really needed that Funny Laugh ! After 40+ years of scanning and GeoCaching I have never been stopped by anyone for wearing a hardhat,vest and clipboard.  In fact as a First Responder I still wear them today. As a Ham we wear them on Foxhunts and no one has any trouble.
  Again Thanks for the LAUGHS !
KE5YPB Amateur General Class License

--
Sarge KE5YPB, Lickskillet, Texas
  "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
" Lets Roll " ---- Todd Beemer--- 9/11/01 ---  American Hero
Are you going to take a stand to help America?

--
Jim Nelson
N0LBH